maple glazed brown butter pumpkin madeline
(makes approximately 18 large madelines)
l12 g brown butter, melted and cooled (1 stick)
70 g granulated sugar (about 1/3 cup)
100 g eggs (2 large eggs)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp ginger
1/8 tsp nutmeg
pinch of cloves
1 tsp baking powder
60g canned pumpkin
powdered sugar, maple syrup, pumpkin seeds
1. Melt butter in small saucepan until lightly brown and very fragrant.
2. When butter has cooled down, whisk together butter, sugar and eggs. Add remaining ingredients and mix until batter has formed. Chill at least 2 hours, or overnight.
3. Prepare madeline pan with butter and flour (or baking PAM) and pipe batter into the molds about 3/4 of the way full.
4. Bake at 400 degrees for 6-8 minutes, until distinct "hump" has puffed up, and madelines are lightly brown around the edges.
5. While madelines are cooling, mix together about 1 cup of powdered sugar with enough maple syrup to form a thick glaze. Dip madeline into the glaze and top with crushed pumpkin seeds.
Make life sweet,