(makes 1 standard baking sheet)
3-4 pieces of matzah (or saltine crackers)
1 cup butter (227 g)
1 cup brown sugar (200 g)
2 cups chocolate chips (12 oz)
(optional) toppings: ex. coconut flakes, sea salt, sprinkles, M&Ms, reese's, heath toffee bits, white chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 350, and line baking sheet with greased aluminum foil. (I use a silicone mat on top of the foil, so it's extra easy to remove!) Arrange matzah or crackers as tightly as possible to line the entire bottom of the sheet.
2. In a medium saucepan, bring the butter and brown sugar to a boil and whisk until thickened.
3. Pour butter and sugar mixture over matzah or crackers, and bake for 9-10 minutes, until bubbly.
4. Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top, while the toffee mixture is still hot. Once the chocolate chips have melted, use an offset spatula to smooth, and sprinkle your choice of toppings.
5. Chill until set (2-3 hours, or overnight), cut and serve.
Make life sweet,