overnight pumpkin french toast bake
(makes (1) 9x13 pan, serves 6-8)
loaf of brioche style bread
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup whole milk
1 tbsp pumpkin spice - or, 2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp allspice, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1/4 tsp cloves
1 tsp vanilla
for topping: toasted pecans, pumpkin seeds, powdered sugar, maple syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 350, and butter (1) 9x13 pan. Slice and arrange bread into the pan.
2. Whisk together eggs, heavy cream, milk, vanilla and spices. Pour into the over the sliced bread, cover and chill overnight.
3. Bake at 350 for 1 hr, or until bread is lightly golden and the custard filling is cooked through. Top with toasted pecans, pumpkin seeds, powdered sugar and maple syrup.
- I used a homemade pumpkin swirl bread, but anything store-bought (and/or stale!) will work just fine!
- For more pumpkin flavor, substitute 2 eggs for 110 g pumpkin + 1 egg yolk.
- I didn't put sugar in this recipe because the bread I used had a lot of sugar (and I like a lot of syrup!) but if you used a more savory bread or want a sweeter product, add 1/2 cup - 1 cup of granulated sugar to the mixture.
Make life sweet,