overnight pumpkin french toast bake
(makes about (18) 4" cookies)
224 g room temperature butter (2 sticks)
150 g granulated sugar (3/4 cup)
200 g brown sugar (2 cups)
1 egg yolk
170 g canned pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
pinch of cloves
400 g all purpose flour (about 3 1/4 cups)
12 g cornstarch (about 1.5 tbsp)
1 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
for cinnamon sugar coating: 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tsp cinnamon, pinch of cardamom (optional)
1. In standing mixer with paddle attachment, cream together butter, sugars and vanilla. Add egg yolk and pumpkin. Add remaining dry ingredients, careful not to overmix. Cover and chill dough for 1-2 hours.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 and line 2-3 cookie sheets with parchment paper or silpat.
3. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop balls of dough (approx 70g) and roll each ball into the cinnamon sugar mixture. Place on cookie sheet and sprinkle with more cinnamon sugar mixture, slightly pressing down on each cookie ball.
4. Bake 14-16 minutes, until puffed up and lightly golden brown around the edges.
- I rotate each cookie sheet halfway through baking, and sprinkle on more of the cinnamon sugar mixture for extra sweetness
Make life sweet,