sprinkle coconut macaroons
(makes approximately 32 2-inch macaroons)
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
14 oz unsweetened coconut flakes
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/4 tsp coconut extract
pinch of salt
2 egg whites
1/2 to 1 cup of rainbow sprinkles
candy coating chocolate (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350, and prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the sweetened condensed milk, coconut, extracts and salt.
3. In a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whisk egg whites to stiff peaks.
4. Fold the egg whites into the milk and coconut mixture, then fold in the rainbow sprinkles.
5. Using a mini ice cream scoop, scoop batter onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned. Dip bottoms into melted candy coating chocolate (optional).
Make life sweet,